Monday, July 9, 2012

TREADING WATER!!!!!!

TREADING WATER!!!!!



So much has happened in the last month. Talisa and McCoy  came out to help me, we still had more packing to do and of course the A/C broke when it was in the 100's in Texas. So we couldn't stay and pack, we went to the aquarium, Fossil Rim rock, the pool anything to try to stay cool. The guy had to order the part and the part was defective, (of course it was). So 4 days later, we had A/C. Blake came and we packed up the UHAUL and a trailer, with much help from so many great friends, I kept praying that God fed a 1000 with one loaf of bread, that he could help make things smaller in the UHAUL so everything would fit. Well it didn't all fit, so many of my good friends kept a lot of "crap". But sadly I couldn't fit my beautiful dinning room table and 6 chairs. My heart hurt because Rex bought it for me. My friends Kris and Don are trying to sell it. It was very hard to leave, my heart was breaking to say goodbye to the house and so many sweet friends. :(! So after loading it to the rim from end to end and top to bottom like a Tetris game!!!!!!! We were off to Utah. We were half way to Amarillo and the transmission in the UHAUL started to slip, we prayed and prayed and it limped to Utah. We stopped at the big Texas Steakhouse home of the 72oz steak. Tried to talk Blake in to eating it for fathers day, but he wouldn't. And we went to the Cadillac Ranch and sprayed grafitti on the cars. It was really fun.
T

Talisa and her prime rib!



 We arrived in SLC on Tuesday June 19th in late afternoon. It took us 3 days to get there. Sweet McCoy at 7 months old didn't like being in car seat for 8 hours. So thankful again to the Garrison family. Lora Garrison had 8 friends there to help unload the UHAUL!!!! I can't even express my gratitude to them, we were wore out and Talisa was sick. My brother Jim and his friend Char helped and we had it unloaded in just a few hours.                                                                                        

I stayed there for 2 days, then my mom called and said my dad wasn't doing well, so I headed to Delta, glad I did. He knew me when I got there and he was in and out. I had to call hospice and put my nurse hat on and get him the meds he needed. The next few days were very rough and special at the same time. He woke up at times and talked but slipping away quickly. I prayed that he could wait to pass until I could get there.I''m thankful my prayers were answered.  All his children were there on Saturday to see him.  My sweet Daddy passed away on Monday June 25, with his family at his side. It was hard to be at the side of another great man has he left this world. But knowing he is not in pain anymore and is with Rex helped. It was hard to plan another funeral in such a short time. It doesn't seem fair to loose my husband and daddy in 4 months, so I'm trying not to drown!!!!

He is one of the last "Good Ole Cowboys". He was the happiest on his horse Buck riding the range. He will be greatly missed. We had a great funeral to celebrate his life with a last ride "Cowboy Style".

His well worn tools of his long life trade, saddle, hat, rope, chaps and rifle. 


 My brother Justin made the wood branding and had the floral shop put it together. Loved it
Daddys last ride.

Dad's brothers, Myrl, Elgin, Raymond, Alden (dad's sister's husband), she passsed away several years ago, Jerry. So good to see them.
I stayed with mom during this whole time, somedays she is ok and then she has a hard time. I know exactly what she is going through.  I have gone up and back to Salt Lake to try to unpack a few things. 

Enjoyed the 4th of July in Delta, first time in 5 years I have been there and it is a fun place to be.


 Sweet McCoy at his first 4th of July parade!
Jagger and Jhett loved getting candy and the horses!

My Almater High School Band!

At this moment, I am at the hospital with my mom, she is having some heart surgery. I pray that all will go well. So many things going on that I sometimes feel like I'm drowning. But I will keep paddling, whether it is treading water, back floating or dog paddling, I'll keep going, what other choice do I have?  I just hope and pray I soon get a break, because I can feel I'm getting a little weaker. So tread baby tread!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment